One thing that we have always been interested in since our very first days dreaming about the mission field was Muslim ministry.
“All too often, Christians respond to Muslims without the compassion that characterized Jesus. Bridges helps Christians relate to their Muslim neighbors with love and gentle boldness”
Bridges is a 6 week video course that teaches a basic understanding of Islam and its tenets. It also instructs Christians very practically on how to reach out to their Muslim neighbors.
Beginning in August, Mike and I have had the opportunity to facilitate this course both in English and in Spanish.
It is encouraging to see what God is doing to awaken the Latin American churches to the needs of those around them.
While exact statistics are difficult to obtain, it is said that Panama hosts the greatest number of Muslims in Central America. In this relatively small but strategically positioned country, there are 14 mosques and one very large Islamic training center.
We believe building bridges of friendship is one of the first steps to opportunities to share with others about the God we love and serve.
Additionally, next month Panama will host a very well known worker from the underground church in Iran, which is reported to be the fastest growing Christian church in the world. It’s exciting to be part of this movement.
- Strategic ministries here in Panama
- Our national ministry partners
- Continued encouragement and growth in our ESL students
- God to mobilize the church in Panama to show Jesus to their neighbors
- Muslim ministry seminars Sept 14th
- Wisdom and safety and protection for Peggy’s mentee who leaves for a one month vision trip to Jordan Sept 1st
- Successful total knee replacement surgery for Mike Sept 18th